Does a corporation run this facility

This facility is owned by Coleen Condon from St. Albans. She also owns The Villa Rehab.

What is the process for admission

For a rehabilitation stay: During hospitalization, the social worker at the hospital will contact us to review your health information. You may also call our admissions coordinator to request a room or fill out our contact form. If you are a Medicare beneficiary, there is a required 3-night hospital admission for coverage. If you are transferred from another setting or admitted from home, an in-person doctor visit is required 48 hours prior to or after admission.

For long-term placement: We require some health information to review, either from your local home health agency or your primary care physician. Our long-term beds are limited and first priority is given to residents in-house who were not able to discharge after their rehab stay.

What are your private room rates

Semi Private $475
Private Room No Shower $500
Private Room With Shower $525
Private Room Four Seasons Wing $600

For long-term placement: We require some health information to review, either from your local home health agency or your primary care physician. Our long-term beds are limited and first priority is given to residents in-house who were not able to discharge after their rehab stay.

What are the visiting hours

Here at the Franklin County Rehab Center, we encourage visiting from loved ones and believe that having a strong and loving support network is essential to the healing process. We do not have any formal visiting hours, however, please be respectful of other residents while visiting during early or late hours.

Things to Remember:

  • Pets are also welcome to visit. Please remember to have them on a leash or in a carrier, and that their shots are up to date.

  • Please do not visit if you are not feeling well – We don’t want our residents to get sick!
Who provides your therapy services

We contract all of our therapy services through Powerback Therapy.

How often will I receive therapy

Most rehab residents receive therapy 1-2 times per day, 6 days a week. Please speak with your therapist if you have specific scheduling questions.

How often will the Doctor or Nurse Practitioner visit me

The Doctor or Nurse Practitioner will see you upon admission and then on an as-needed basis but not less than required by regulations. Please see the charge nurse if you have questions about your next doctor visit.

Can I make and receive phone calls

On our rehab unit, you may make local phone calls by dialing 9 first. To make long-distance phone calls a calling card is required. You can receive phone calls directly in your room. Please see a staff member for the specific number. If you are receiving rehab services in one of our long-term care rooms please see the social worker regarding phone services. We do not provide phone service for long-term residents. If you would like this service you may contact Fairpoint to request set-up. These services will be billed to you.

Can I get more cable channels

You may contact Comcast privately to request additional channels. These additional channels will be billed to you.

Do you have internet services

Yes, our facility does offer wireless Internet access. Please see a staff member for the current wireless password. You are welcome to bring in your own laptop computer.

Will I receive a bill for my rehab stay

You should not receive a bill for your rehab stay unless you have not had a qualifying hospital stay or are no longer making progress with therapy. You will be billed for your co-insurance days if your insurance denies coverage. If you have a Managed Medicare insurance plan, your out-of-pocket expenses may vary. Please see the Social Worker or the Business Office Manager for further details.

Do you offer hairdresser services

Yes. Our hairdresser visits once a week and our barber visits once a month. Your own hairdresser may also use our salon if you so choose. Please coordinate with our activity staff to utilize these services.

How do I pay for hairdressing services

You may either leave money in the business office, pay by cash or check the day of service directly to the hairdresser, or we can send you a bill.

Where do I find laundry that is missing

Located on the end of the Champlain wing is the laundry room. Outside of the laundry room is where we keep unclaimed clothing. A staff member will be happy to look for you if you are not able to do so yourself. If you are missing any items during your stay, please report it to your social worker.

Will my primary care physician follow my care at FCRC

This depends on who your Primary Care Physician is. The following physicians currently practice at Franklin County Rehab Center:

  • Teresa Kuo Medical Director and Physician
  • Sarah Mutar Nurse Practioner
What payment and insurance do you accept

We accept Medicare, Vermont Medicaid, Long-term care insurance, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, United Health Care, and other private insurance with prior authorization. For those paying privately, we accept cash or check.

How do I request a room for rehab after surgery

You may call our Admissions Coordinator to request a room, or fill out our contact form here. The Social Workers at the hospital will also be able to assist you with a room request during your hospitalization.

What type of activities do you have

We offer a variety of fun activities including, baking, gardening, religious services, physical games, and more. We also offer concierge services. Our activities department will be in to welcome you with a welcome bag and to find out what you like to do. We also post calendars in the rooms to inform you of our activity choices.

What is the restorative program

The restorative program is an in-house exercise and ambulation program designed by our physical therapist. This program is done with our restorative aide. The purpose is to maintain range of motion and mobility for our long-term care residents.

Do you offer respite care
Yes, we do offer respite care, depending on our current bed availability. Please call our admissions coordinator to discuss our availability.

Visit Franklin County Rehab Center at:

Franklin County Rehab
110 Fairfax Road St. Albans, VT

Call: 1-802-752-1600

Skip to content